Wednesday, September 16, 2009

large breasts, small tumor

The breast surgeon was amazing. i want to be her when i grow up. i have nothing sarcastic or snippy to say. and i'm sorry that i accidentally stole their copy of Piedmont Virginia magazine.

pretty good news! apparently, I have large breasts and a small tumor, a good thing. she recommended a lumpectomy (also known as breast conserving surgery/partial mastectomy), six to eight weeks of radiation, followed by tamoxifen for several years. she said they wouldn't know about chemo until after the surgery but she was 95% sure i wouldn't need it.

that almost seems like cheating.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine
    I just logged on to your site and want to thank you for sharing your courage and your strong sense of self. Your wonderful mother and my mother are like sisters. I love Sharon so much. I am here to provide you support and to be a friend to come visit in San Francisco as you look for things to do and places to visit in the years ahead. I am thinking of you and will be reading your blog. Let me know what I can do to help you in any way. Also, I am very interested in education like you.
    Sincerely,
    Leigh Wasson

    ReplyDelete