Friday, October 30, 2009

ceasefire

not much happening on the old cancer front right now... i like to think of it as a ceasefire.

i start chemo next thursday, after my cancer cells have been lulled into a false sense of security. i have to take a set of medication the day before, then have the chemo which takes a couple of hours, then go back the next day for a shot of something that is supposed to help my immune system.

apparently i will be in survival mode. the nurse told me that if i don't already floss everyday (um, no, i have sinned and have had to pay for my sins with a root canal so leave me alone) that i shouldn't start flossing now, and that if i lose my appetite i should just go for the calories--any calories. i'm thinking i'll keep a few boxes of brownie mix on hand. i can't imagine ever not wanting brownie batter.

i hope those last words don't look like ironic forshadowing later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment