the super test that i have been waiting for will indicate whether or not i am at high risk of a recurrance and whether or not chemo at this point would be effective at reducing that risk. (given that pesky one-in-fifty risk of dying, reducing that risk would be a positive thing as far as i'm concerned.)
the test costs $3,000. my health insurance company has not approved it at this point. this is because if the test shows good news for me, it is money wasted for them. beyond that, it is busy comparing the risk of doing nothing with the risk of my cancer recurring and them having to pay for more complex surgery and other more extensive treatment later (bummer for them) with the cost of doing the super test and possibly having to pay for chemo now.
hmm. wonder how that will work out for them.